BUCHREZENSIONEN. FILMKRITIKEN. ZITATESAMMLUNGEN.

24. Dezember 2017

THE BEST 45 QUOTES FROM 'THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE'

FROHE WEIHNACHTEN!
Zur Feier des Tages eine Zitatesammlung aus "The Sky is Everywhere". Schnappt euch Zimtsterne, Vanillekipferl und einen heißen Tee, kuschelt euch ein und berieselt euch mit den folgenden Zitaten.

Her roses burst with more color than a year of sunsets, and their fragrance is so intoxicating that town lore claims breathing in their scent can cause you to fall in love on the spot. / 10

It's as if someone vacuumed up the horizon while we were looking the other way. / 11

I found out later she wore the blue. / 12

My first day back to school is just ad I expect, the hall does a Red Sea part when I come in, conversations hush, eyes swim with nervous sympathy, and everybody stares as if I'm holding Bailey's dead body in my arms, which I guess I am. / 13

My sister dies over and over again, all day long. / 17

For days and days, the rain beat its fists on the roof of our house - evidence at the terrible mistake God had made. Each morning, when I woke I listened for the tireless punding, looked at the drear through the window and was relieved that at least the sun had the decency to stay the hell away from us. / 20

I can't talk about it. I'd need a new alphabet, one made of falling, of tectonic plates shifting, of the deep devouring dark. / 21

A sorrowing heart poisons recipes. / 29
I remember thinking the roof would blow from the thunder in our hands. That grief was a room filled with hungry desperate light. / 33

I wish my shadow would get up and walk beside me. / 49

The coolest guys aren't afraid to be feminists. / 59

In photographs of us together, she is always looking at the camera and I am always looking at her. / 63

She will never find out what happens in the end. / 69

I had this image of us holding hands, and then taking off into the air. / 83

I am crazy sad and, somewhere deep inside, all I want is to fly. / 85

Grief is a house where the chairs have forgotten how to hold us, the mirrors how to reflect us, the walls how to contain us. Grief is a house that disappears each time someone knocks at the door or rings the bell, a house that blows into the air at the slightest gust. That buries itself deep in the ground while everyone but you sleeping. Grief is a house where no one can protect you. Where the younger sister will grow older than the older one. Where the doors no longer let you in or out. / 86d

What if music is what escapes when a heart breakes? / 101

I am the two-dimensional one in a 3-D-family. / 108

It's the easiest thing to be lost if you don't want to be found. / 121

I can't shove the dark out of my way. / 130

His face shuts like a door. / 133

With the same lips that just kissed someone else, I kiss away his question, his suspicion, and after a while, I kiss away the someone else too, the something else that almost just happened, until it is only the two of us, Joe and me, in the room, in the world, in my crazy swelling heart. / 134

The sky is everywhere, it begins at our feet. / 134

If we don't stop kissing, the world is going to explode. / 143

He's listening to me so carefully, like he wants to catch my words in his hands as they fall from my lips. / 147

In the middle of all this tragedy, you're growing up. This is such a wonderful thing. / 154

Each time somebody dies, a library burns. I'm watching it burn right to the ground. / 171

When Mom left, she took all traces of her life with her, leaving only a story behind. / 172

No wonder she needed help. I wish she'd asked for mine. / 174

The world is not a safe place. / 187

There are families all over at the world staring at beds that are no longer slept in, shoes that are no longer worn. Families that no longer have to buy a particular cereal, a kind of shampoo. There are people everywhere standing in line at the movies, buying curtains, walking dogs, while inside, their hearts are ripping to shreds. / 190

If I heal, doesn't that mean I've accepted the world without her? / 190

I can see in Toby's eyes all that he has been carrying alone, and for the first time since her death I feel more sorry for someone else than I do for myself. / 193

I am a small seashell with the loneliness of the whole ocean roaring invisibly within. / 198

Proposing is like skydiving with your feet on the ground. / 208

Dreams change, yes, that makes sense, but I didn't know dreams could hide inside a person. / 211

This is our story to tell. / 212

We exchange a glance that holds weeks of unsaid words. / 233

I might be the author of my own story, but so is everyone else the author of their own stories, and sometimes, like now, there's no overlap. He's walking away from me. / 234

I took the joy out of the most joyful person on the planet Earth. / 236

My heart hurts for both of us. / 239

I thought I was protecting you, but now I'm pretty sure I was just protecting myself. / 272

My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn't go awy; it becomes part of you, step for step, breath for breath. Grief and love are conjoined, you don't get one without the other. / 291

It's like swimming in light. / 305

I want Bailey to have those words. I want her to know that there will never be a story that she won't be a part of, that she's everywhere like the sky. / 309

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen