BUCHREZENSIONEN. FILMKRITIKEN. ZITATESAMMLUNGEN.

1. April 2023

THE BEST 17 QUOTES FROM "LORE" BY ALEXANDRA BRACKEN



After the quote collections lay fallow for quite a while, I found some quotes in the novel Lore again that really got me excited, so I decided to put them down. As always, it should be clear that the quote collection contains content from the entire book, so spoilers are virtually guaranteed. For those who don't mind, I hope you enjoy reading the post. Feel free to share your favorite quotes from Lore in the comments. 

It's not always the truth that survives, but the stories we wish to believe. The legend lie. They smooth over imperfections to tell a good tale, or to instruct us how we should behave, or to assign glory to victors and shame those who falter. [...] But how we are remembered is less important than what we do know." 
Pages 218-219

Belen would never gain kleos, not from this Agon, and likely not from any other. [...] He would always carry the scars of losing to her. He would know hat it meant to be followed by whispers. Beaten by the Perseous girl, the last of her name. [...] Beaten. She had written his story for him. 
Page 304

His hands covered her, the same hands that had helped her up from the ground countless times. The same hands that had lifted her up to reach higher as she climbed. The same hands she'd held as he lay dying. Page 305

"I shall always do what must be done," Athena said. "Yet the questions remains - will you?" 
Page 315

"I am not the one you do battle with now. Your anger lies not with me, but with yourself." 
Page 340

"You are so very angry. I felt it from the moment I first laid eyes upon you, and it has only grown more powerful as you have tried to stifle it," Athena said. "You ask me why I did not see fit to use my power the way you might have, and yet, you hold yourself back from your own potential." 
Pages 340-341

"I hate the Agon," Lore began.
"No," Athena interrupted. "I think not. You hate what it cost you, but this world bore you. You belong to it. This is your birthright. You were always meant for glory, but it was taken from you, and now you will never feel satisfied - never whole - until you possess what you deserve." 
"It's not about deserving," Lore said. [...]
"You are a warrior, "Athena said. "And were you not meant for some greater role, you would have perished with your family." 
Page 342

There are far worse things to become than a monster. 
Page 342

I am not special, or chosen. That was the shield I'd used against the truth for years - the certainty that I was meant for something more. But that moment, with him over me, that's when I understood what that world was. There would always be a man deciding my fate, whether it was my father, an archon, or a husband. Page 344

You will not regret your choices [...], only the opportunities you will lose if you allow others fears to keep you prisoner to your doubt. 
Page 346

She would never be more than what she was now: a girl standing at the threshold of a secret world, without a key to unlock the way. 
Page 406

He said nothing, but, then, he never needed to. His face was a book that had been written only for her. Its story unfolded while he watched her watch him. 
Page 449

A person alone could be controlled, but a person loved by others would always be unter their protection. Page 455

She nodded, gripping his arm. Needing to hold on to something steady before the riptide of her regret and grief carried her under. 
Page 458

"Lore. [...] I was born knowing how to do three things - how to breathe, how to dream, and how to love you." 
Page 461

You were a safe place to hide my hopes. 
Page 466

There was nothing fated. Lore had not been chosen for this; she had chosen to come here herself. Every step she'd made, every mistake, had led her here. [...] She was here for the city that had raised her, and she came with the pride of her ancestors and the strength of her heart, and neither would fail her. 
Page 503

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen