BUCHREZENSIONEN. FILMKRITIKEN. ZITATESAMMLUNGEN.

11. Februar 2019

THE BEST 21 QUOTES FROM "ONE OF US IS LYING" BY KAREN McMANUS!



Lesezeit: 2 Minuten


"I'm missing baseball practice because of it." He says it like he's a heart surgeon being detained from a lifesaving operation. / 6
Everybody's got secrets. Right? / 37
She's the lead character in a movie and I'm the generic best friend whose name you forget before the credits even start rolling. / 42

If you say no too much, pretty soon somebody else will say yes. / 45
That girl doesn't take crap from anyone.  / 49
They've been drumming the same message into me since kindergarten: Work hard, do your best, and the rest will follow. / 91

How can my heart be hammering this hard and I still be alive? I should have burst out of my chest by now. / 102

I made a mistake. I'd do anything to fix it. If I could take it back I would. / 103
You're not perfect. So what? Welcome to the real world. / 121
He doesn't get to erase you from the world. God, you made a stupid mistake. It's not like you murdered someone. / 125

I never thought I'd hear shallow little Addy Prentiss speak with such venom in her voice. Or have an opinion of her own. / 135

Keely is a beautiful, sweet girl. But if she's not who you love, she's just not. And that's fine. / 143

I can't help looking at their wedding photo. They were such a perfect couple, people used to joke that they looked as though they came with the frame. / 150
Cheating isn't a mistake. It's a choice. / 159
Keely's great in a dozen different ways but not for me. / 183

I know what it's like to tell yourself a lie so often that it becomes the truth. / 225

The last time I talked to him, I acted like a jerk because I couldn't deal with who I was. / 232

You find out who your real friends are when stuff like this happens. Turns out I didn't have any. / 261

Things'll get worse before they get better. / 286

He was weird. He'd make fun of people for being lemmings, but he still wanted the same things they did. / 324

There are some things you can't undo, no matter how good your intentions are. / 340

1 Kommentar: